Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Spot Amy in Disneyland




People told us to avoid LA. We should have listened.
On the whole, it was smoggy, ugly and the people were really rude. We did find a few diamonds in the rough though, some people who were quite happy to help.

Simple fact: Disneyland is awesome, everyone should go there.
Disneyland made the whole LA saga worthwhile.
I don't think I'm overstating it, even though we're well past being classed as kids, we had an absolute ball. The rides were great fun (even the Winnie the Pooh one that Amy made me go on...), everything was extremely well finished and the atmosphere was (to borrow a phrase from Walt himself) magical.

We're currently in Lima, Peru awaiting a flight at 4:30am to Cuzco. We've hardly slept in the last 36 hours and Amy's been really sick. Can't wait to move on, Lima is a scary scary place.

We'll report in next time we can get to a computer that actually works!
We're homesick already and miss you all terribly.

--Jason and Amy.


Amy under the Hollywood sign.



Jason in front of Pooh's 'Hunny'.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey guys, glad you had such a great time in Disneyland!!! Stay safe in South America and have heaps of fun. Missing you back home. Love Nat

Unknown said...

Wassup guys?
Yeh im sure amy 'made' u go on the Winnie the Pooh ride. Looks to me like your having a ball in front of those honey pots! :P

James & Casey

Mikey Lynch said...

Hi Guys. Nice to hear from you. I will give you a sense of time here in Tassie, by commenting on your blog with details about my progress through the copy of Half Life 2 that Jason gave me.

I am currently jetskiing through a radioactive sewer. I am stuck at a motorised gate that has been tampered with. I cannot find a way over an electric fence.

Emma said...

I love your "spot Amy" photo... I think this concept has great potential! Hope Amy's better by now, we look forward to reading of your next adventure!

Jason said...

Thanks heaps for everyone's comments.
We'll keep you posted.

Mike: There's a weight based puzzle you need to do.

Check above the gate for what looks like a fire escape. There should be something heavy there to help you... (if I'm thinking of the right place :s )

--J.

Ami said...

Thanks for the comments everybody :)

Yeah, it was really Jason who wanted to go on teh Winnie the Pooh ride ;)

There was only one ride that scared me and made me sick - an elevator one. The elevator kept on going up and down really fast, with some bits all closed in then every now and then you see out with an amazing (but scarily high) view of Disneyland and the surrounding suburbs. I also left another similar ride to Jason.

I'm starting to feel a bit better. I have a cold, have been nauseous for the last few days from the travelling and sleep-deprivation (no, I'm not pregnant), and now we have some altitude sickness thrown in just to make it all the more fun!

Jason's a pro at Spanish. He's just working out how to thank the cook for an awesome meal he just went out of his way to make for us.

The Borg said...

Awesome to hear from you guys.

How underrated and dingy/tacky is Hollywood?? (at least the parts I went through)

What's so scary about Lima?

Ami said...

Well, Shiloh.... we had already read that you should be careful walking around Lima - pick-pockets everywhere, and lots of violence etc. And both times we have been in Lima (we are there right now) we have been warned multpile times about not leaving our hotel in the area we are in! Maybe it's not quite as bad as they say, but we don't want to push our luck. So we're hiding inside on the internet instead.

fional said...

Strange and cool to read your LA and Disneyland comments. My family and I went to both when I was 11 and I remember LA being bleak and big and dirty and Disneyland being magical. Nothing's changed, it would seem.

Just a thought: there's a good chance that what the guidebooks and people say is right, *but* there's also a chance it's been 'beat up' by repetition. When I've been travelling, I've sometimes found that things are *not* as people say they are - but then I have travelled somewhat recklessly in the past . . . !?

x Fi